Connect with us

Linjust – Entertainment News, Latest News, Comedy and Music

Toddler left with horrific facial burns after grabbing mum’s hot cup of tea

NEWS

Toddler left with horrific facial burns after grabbing mum’s hot cup of tea


Toddler left with horrific facial burns after grabbing mum’s hot cup of tea

A toddler has been left with horrific facial burns after grabbing her mum’s scalding cup of tea and accidentally pouring it over herself.

Libbie Patterson was quickly attended to as the boiling hot drink splashed over her face, shoulders and back after she grabbed it from the kitchen counter.

The 16-month-old girl was raced to hospital by her mum Emma where medics spent three nights treating her for burns. But medics hope Libbie’s face – will not be permanently scarred.

Now Emma has released a picture of Libbie’s injuries to warn other parents about the dangers of hot drinks. The 24-year-old said: “The cup was close to the edge of the work surface and she reached up and grabbed it.

It went over her face, shoulders, stomach and back. It is amazing how making a cup of tea can have such devastating consequences. I want to make parents aware of how easily things like this can happen. We didn’t have a child gate on the kitchen but I do now. I’ve learned all the lessons.”

Scalds from hot drinks are the most common cause of burn injury for children aged under five and it takes only a second to cause a deep burn from hot water at 70 degrees Celsius.

Want Latest Controversial News? Download the Linjust app for Android Phones.

Continue Reading
1 Comment

1
Leave a Reply

avatar
1 Comment threads
0 Thread replies
0 Followers
 
Most reacted comment
Hottest comment thread
1 Comment authors
Matthias Nkuda Recent comment authors
newest oldest most voted
Matthias Nkuda
Guest
Matthias Nkuda

Mothers to be careful. Cheers.

More in NEWS

To Top