Chelsea manager, Maurizio Sarri has fired a warning to Real Madrid over their pursuit of forward, Eden Hazard, saying it is impossible that more Blues players will be sold this month.
According to British outlet, Metro, Sarri stated this ahead of Chelsea’s clash with Huddersfield Town on Saturday in the Premier League.
Sarri’s side already sold their first choice goalkeeper, Thibaut Courtois to the La Liga giants in a £35million deal and replaced him with Kepa Arrizabalaga, who was bought from Athletic Bilboa for a world-record £71million.
Hazard has been heavily linked with a move to Madrid all summer and the Belgium international has previously hinted that he would be open to a switch to the Santiago Bernabeu.
However, the English summer transfer window closed on Thursday night, while foreign clubs can still buy Premier League players for the remainder of the month. Sarri now appears to have ended Madrid’s pursuit for Hazard, claiming that no more Chelsea stars will be sold until at least January.
“It is impossible. The market is closed for us,” Sarri said when asked if he was worried about more players leaving Stamford Bridge this month.
“I don’t want to discuss contracts. It is not my job. My job is to improve players, not sign contracts. I have seen a player [Hazard] who is happy to be here.
“Hazard is with us. I have spoken with him three, four times for everything and he never said something about the market. He’s very happy to stay here,” he added.