President Buhari, said on Saturday that the Federal Government remained committed to getting back all Nigerians abducted by terrorists.
Buhari made the commitment during the Passing Out Parade (POP) of 365 cadets of the Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA) in Kaduna.
The News Agency of Nigeria report that the president, who was the reviewing officer, was represented by Vice President Yemi Osinbajo.
“We are committed to ensuring the release of all the women and men held in captivity.
” Few days ago, Mr president spoke personally to the anguished mother of Leah Sharibu; Christian girl who is the only one left as part of the Dapchi girls still in Boko Haram captivity.
“Mr President assured her mother that she would be returned home safe.
“And that commitment Mr president has made, is not just to her mother, but to also all the girls and young men who are still in Boko Haram captivity.
“Today, all over the Northeast, our people are been provided with a chance to begin the urgent task of rebuilding their lives and livelihood,” he said.
Buhari said that the federal government is working with states and international community, NGOs and Civil Society Organizations to help achieve this.
He commended the resilience of the Armed forces and the giant strides recorded so far in the fight against insurgency.
“The ongoing military stabilization operation in the Northeast will continue until full normalcy is restored,” he added.