Google Trends 2016: Top 10 Most Searched Nigerian Songs On Google
With 14 days left on the calendar, one can confidently say it has been a successful year for the Nigerian music industry. The year which kicked off with several controversies from The Headies to the P-Square saga has also birthed several hits, no lies about that.
Just to cap the year with a well detailed list, this is the top 10 most searched Nigerian songs on Google.
10. OLAMIDE – ABULE SOWO: Produced by Pheelz (Mista Producer), YBNL boss, Olamide, made this his first solo track of 2016. Coincidentally, Baddo-Sneh premiered the hit track on his birthday while he celebrated in grand style. Just incase it’s not on ur playlist, download here.
9. P-SQUARE – BANK ALERT: We just have to give it to the twins cos they know exactly how to win the hearts of their fans after a nasty dog fight. Bank Alert is currently the anthem in vogue and with the current recession and yuletide season, we would really love to get bank alerts like “Chakam!!!”.
8. DRAKE – ONE DANCE Ft WIZKID & KYLA: Wizkid bagged a huge one on this track. With Canadian rapper Drake featuring him and Kyla on his hit track One Dance, it further elevated his international recognition, most notably his nomination at the 2017 Grammy Awards for the “Best Album” category. We wish him luck.
7. ADEKUNLE GOLD – READY: Another hit banger produced by Pheelz, Ready crooner and YBNL act, Adekunle Gold has fed the media with nothing but exceptional music. Also, the GOLD album which was released this year, has received rave reviews so far.
6. FALZ – SOFT WORK: Coming off his debut album “Stories That Touch” and produced by Sess (The Problem Kid), Soft Work is also jam to remember. Falz the Bahd Guy did what he does best and that’s creating a hit which kept the parties alive.
5. LIL KESH – ISHE: Y.A.G.I boss and affiliate YBNL act, Lil Kesh has been a bit quiet this year but Ishe is a jam we can work with and has remained one of the most searched songs of 2016. Another hit production by Pheelz, is being capped with exclusive visuals directed by Adasa Cookey.
4. OLAMIDE – WHO YOU EPP?: A cliché that still remains on the lips of Nigerians, Olamide has appeared twice on the list with Who You Epp?. Produced by Shizzi, this particular track has had one too many covers from various acts thereby making it the fourth most searched song on google.
3. KISS DANIEL – JOMBO: With an exceptional voice and his debut album “New Era“, G-Worldwide lead act Kiss Daniel has earned the number 3 spot with Jombo. The track which was given its Midas touch by Masterkraft, had visuals directed by Ani James.
2. TEKNO – PANA: I could have a logical argument why this should be number one but well, this is googles list. Tekno’s Pana is currently one of the most popular jams this year. An epic jam produced by Krizbeatz and visuals by the highly revered Clarence Peters, Tekno is currently one of the artistes with a strong likelihood to have a long and successful industry lifespan.
1. KISS DANIEL – MAMA: He’s on the list for the second time and has claimed the number one spot. Kiss Daniel’s Mama is Nigeria’s most searched song of 2016. The hit track was produced by Young John(The Wicked Producer) while visuals is accredited to AJE Filmworks.