Fashion designer dies 3 hours after a man told him he won’t see tomorrow


Lukmon Shotunde a 22 year old fashion designer slumped and died after a man threaten that he would not see the next day. It all began on Sunday morning when the man accused of killing Lukmon, Toafeek Sodiq sent his son on an errand with N500. A man sitting by Lukmon’s shop took the N500 claiming he will duplicate the money. The man left and was never found.


Toafeek Sodiq discovered this and threatened Lukmon thinking he had a hand in the issue.

Explaining what led to the threat, Owolabi Daod a resident in the area said:

‘Around 10AM on Sunday, a man sat in the front of Lukmon’s shop. Another man (Sodiq), who lives in the community, sent his 10-year-old son on an errand with N500.

But the man in the front of Lukmon’s shop called the boy and asked him to bring the N500 that he would double it for him. The boy foolishly gave him the money and the man absconded.


A resident, who saw the boy sitting in front of the shop, asked him what he was waiting for. It was at that point the boy knew he had been scammed.’

Daod added that when Sodiq discovered, he confronted Lukmon and accused him of colluding with his friend to scam the young boy. Lukmon denied the allegations. After Sodiq’s son gave a description of the man who scammed him, Lukmon called one of his friends who matched the description, but the child said he was not the one.

Daod said that Sodiq resorted to threats, insisting that he must get his N500 back.

“The man came out with a friend and said if he didn’t get his money back, Lukmon will not live to open his shop the next day. We thought it was all over. Lukmon was walking back to his shop when he suddenly collapsed. We rushed him to a private hospital where he was confirmed dead,” Daod added.

Confirming the report Lagos State Police PRO SP Dolapo Badmos said it was a case of sudden Unnatural death adding that, ‘The victim’s father reported that the suspect threatened his son that he would not live to open his shop the next day. After three hours, the deceased slumped and died.

A joint team of patrol vehicles moved to the scene to remove the body to suppress further tension, but the victim’s father resisted the action of the police on the ground that he wanted to bury his son according to Islamic rites. Investigation is ongoing.’

Want Latest Controversial News? CLICK HERE TO GET THE LINJUST NEWS APP.

Get real time updates directly on you device, subscribe now.

Leave a Reply

1 Comment threads
0 Thread replies
Most reacted comment
Hottest comment thread
1 Comment authors
Possible Wilson Recent comment authors
newest oldest most voted
Possible Wilson
Possible Wilson

Opps that’s very bad news…