Family dies hours after moving to their newly built home
Shocking! A man, his wife, his kids and uncle were found dead hours before their house warming celebration. This happened in Isalw-Oyo community in Atiba Local Government of Oyo State on Wednesday September 14th. According to reports from those around the area the man’s junior wife had bought the house when it was underconstruction and completed the house. They moved in on tuesday September 14th and planned the house warming for the next day. By 7am the next morning neighbours and relations came to rejoice with them. Repeated knocks was received with silence and efforts to gain entry was unsuccessful.
A neighbour who plead anonymity said it happened like in the movie. “They could not belief what they saw. It was indeed agonising and pathetic. The family of five were found dead. This is unbelievable. It is like watching a movie. The deceased father yesterday (Tuesday) played with the children around and greeted their parents in their respective homes for the Eid-El-Kabir celebration. How come he and his family members were found dead at the same time?”.
Divisional Police Officer at Atiba Police Station, Sadiq Maye, said contrary to insinuations, the deceased died of generator fumes, which they inhaled while asleep and that their bodies had been deposited at the State Hospital mortuary, Oyo