8 Untold Secrets About Nnamdi Kanu : Number 5 Will Shock You!
When Nigerians hear the name Nnamdi Kanu, one thing comes to mind- Biafra. While some people see Kanu as a troublemaker and a nuisance, others see him as a leader and a hero. We will like to state that this article is not written in favour of or against Nnamdi Kanu. It only reveals facts about the political activist that many are unaware of.
1) He was born Nwannekaenyi Nnamdi Kenny Okwu Kanu on 25 September 1967 to HRM Eze Israel Okwu Kanu (JP) and Ugoeze Nnenne Kanu in Isiama Afara, Abia State.
2) He is the first son of his father and has four siblings.
3) After his primary and secondary education at Library Avenue Primary School and Government College Umuahia, he gained admission into the University of Nigeria, Nsukka but left to complete his studies in Europe because of the incessant strikes. He graduated from the London Metropolitan University where he studied Political Economics.
4) Nnamdi kanu who believes that the Igbo tribe has been marginalized by the federal government of Nigeria, formed the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) after former leader of the Movement for the Actualisation of Biafra, Ralph Uwazurike was accused of collecting money from the Nigerian government
and diverting the funds for his own personal benefit.
5) He is the director of Radio Biafra, a London-based radio station that promotes the ideologies of the Nationalist organisation.
6) Kanu was first arrested on October 14, 2015 by the Department of State Services (DSS) at Golden Tulip Essential Hotel Ikeja, Lagos State.
He was reportedly granted bail on October 19, 2015 but was not released until April 8, 2017.
7) He is married to Uchechi Kanu and they have a son together.
8) He practices Judaism and considers himself a Jew. He was always in a Jewish prayer shawl and head covering whenever he appeared in court.
Let us know other details that you think should have been included in the article. Please drop your comments in the section below.