Former Governor of Anambra state, Peter Obi, was picked by Atiku Abubakar in the year 2018 to be his running mate ahead of the general elections slated for the year 2019.
Below, we preview 7 untold secrets which you never knew about Peter Obi. They Include:
1. Peter Obi has only two children. Obi, who was governor from 2007 to 2014 has a daughter and a son.
2. Peter Obi, who was born on July 19, 1961, graduated from the University of Nigeria, Nsukka in 1980 with a degree in Philosophy.
3. The former governor is a Catholic Church Papal Knight of the Order of St. Sylvester.
4. Obi spent eight years and seven months as the governor of Anambra State. He was sworn in as governor of Anambra State on 17 March 2006.
Another election took place in 2007, that brought in Andy Uba. Obi went to court to argue that he didn’t complete his four-year tenure, the court agreed with him and said his tenure ought to end on March 2010.
After his dramatic first term, Obi contested for the position of governorship again and won a second term in office, which ended on 7th of March 2014.
5. He was appointed the Chairman of the Securities and Exchange Commission by former President Goodluck Jonathan in April 2015.
6. The names of his children are: Gabriella Nwamaka Frances Obi, who is two years older than her brother, Gregory Peter Oseloka Obi.
7. On the 2nd of November 2006, he was impeached as governor after seven months in office. He took the matter to court, he won and was reinstated on 9 February 2007.
The above points states out 7 untold secrets which you never knew about the former governor of Anambra state, Peter Obi.
Do well to let us know what you think about Atiku Abubakar’s running mate for the election in 2019.