7 Untold Secrets About Late Chief Tony Anenih
PDP great, Tony Anenih was confirmed dead on sunday 28th, october 2018 in Abuja.
Below we list out 7 untold secrets about Late Tony Anenih.
1. Chief Tony Anenih served as an orderly to the former governor general of Nigeria, Nnamdi Azikiwe shortly after his return from the International Police Academy in Washington DC.
2. Chief Anenih was elected as civilian governor of Old Bendel State (now Edo and Delta states). His governorship was however cut short by the military takeover of December 1983.
3. Anenih was deputy national coordinator of former president Olusegun Obasanjo campaign organisation in the 1999 and 2003 elections.
4. He served as minister of works and housing in 1999 and became chairman of the Board of Trustees of the PDP.
5. Chief Anenih was involved in several controversies part of which was the N300 billion fraud in the transport sector during the Obasanjo administration.
6. According to the former minister, he was thrown into jail for 18 months from March 1984 to August 1985 by Buhari’s regime for being rich.
7. In 2016, the former minister survived an eight hour heart surgery which was carried out in the UK.
The PDP great, Tony Anenih has made a name for himself during his existence and he will forever be remembered for his past glory.
Let us wish him well in eternal glory in the comment section below.