Born with the full name Oladapo Daniel Oyebanjo is identified by his stage name (D’banj) is a Nigerian savvy entrepreneur, harmonica player and singer-songwriter.
The talented artist has been making waves in the Nigerian music industry with smash hits like “Oliver Twist” that stole millions of fans hearts.
We have compiled 7 things which we think you might not know about D’banj.
1. Dapo Daniel Oyebanjo was born on 9 June 1980 in Zaria, Nigeria. His father is a military officer and his mother is from Shagamu in Ogun State.
2. D’banj was enrolled in the Nigerian Military School at the age of 11 but completed his secondary education at the Nigerian Navy Secondary School in Ibara.
3. D’banj is Nigeria’s first united Nations Youth Ambassador for Peace. He is also the founder of the Koko Foundation for Youth and Peace Development.
4. D’banj studied Mechanical Engineering at the University of Lagos.
5. His role models are Fela Anikulapo Kuti, Kanye West, Micheal Jackson, Usher and Jay-Z.
6. Before his music career kicked off, D’banj worked as a security guard in London. D’banj broke into the music industry with the single “Tangolo” in 2004 which featured Don Jazzy also in the song.
7. He won the Best Newcomer award in 2006 at the Channel O Music Video Awards for his album “No Long Thing”.
D’banj, however, lost his one year old son during the early part of 2018, precisely on the 24th of June.
There is no doubt that D’banj remains the most celebrated pop stars in Nigeria and on the international scene.
Let us know what you think about D’banj amazing songs by dropping your comments below.