Cardi B is one of America’s most talented female rapper who has taken the music world by storm. Her love for music at a young age has driven her to become one of the most respected rapper in the United States.
Below, we have listed out 7 things you do not know about Cardi B. Take a look..
1. The Trinidadian- Dominican rapper’s birth name is Belcalis Almanzar. The “B” in her stage name stands for “Bacardi,” a nickname given by her parents.The rapper also has a younger sister named Hennessy.
2. She loves hiphop: Cardi B emcee was already a popular personality on social media for her hilarious Instagram vids, but her sudden rise to music fame came after she starred on the hip-hop reality show Love & Hip-Hop in 2015
3. Cardi B was formally an erotic dancer and she has been open about her life as a stripper during her teenage years, going so far as to confess in a sit-down with DJ Vlad that the lifestyle actually saved her from domestic abuse.
4. She’s engaged: In 2017, the “Red Barz” rapper started dating Migos member Offset, to whom she became engaged in October 2017.
5. Cardi B Had Broken So Many Records: Also in 2017, Cardi became the first Dominican in history to hit No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100 with her single “Bodak Yellow,” becoming the first female rapper to reach the rank since Lauryn Hill’s “Doo-Wop” (That Thing)” in 1998.
6.After her blowup success in 2017, Cardi B earned two nods at this year’s Grammys — Best Rap Performance and Best Rap Song — and is the only female artist to be nominated in her respective categories.
7. Last on the list shows that Cardi B is a strong feminist.
Now, i am sure you have been educated on somethings which you never knew about Cardi.
Do well to leave your comment below to tell us what you think of this amazing US rapper.