Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala was the past former minister of finance and she was succeeded by the just departed Kemi Adeosun.
She is a woman of great repute and that is why we have deemed it important to highlight 7 things which you should know about Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala.
- She was born on the 13th of June 1954.
- Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala is a Nigerian economist and the first female Minister of Finance of Nigeria .
- She served two terms as Finance Minister of Nigeria (2003-2006, 2011-2015) under the leadership of President Olusegun Obasanjo and President Goodluck Jonathan respectively.
- She was the Managing Director of the World Bank (2007-2011) and chairs the Board of the Global Alliance for Vaccines and Immunization (GAVI) and the African Risk Capacity (ARC).
- Okonjo-Iweala is from Ogwashi-Ukwu, Delta State, where her father Professor Chukwuka Okonjo is the Eze (King) from the Obahai Royal Family of Ogwashi-Ukwu.
- She is married to Dr. Ikemba Iweala, a neurosurgeon from Umuahia, Abia State, and they have four children between them.
- In 2012, Okonjo-Iweala was a candidate for president of the World Bank, running against former Colombian finance minister José Antonio Ocampo and the nominee of the United States, Dartmouth College President Jim Yong Kim.
Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala has greatly achieved so many things during her prime years. Let us know what you think of this great patriotic Nigeria who has made the country proud worldwide.