The producer of The Charly Boy Show and Nigeria’s most controversial entertainer, Charly Boy was born as Charles Chukwuemeka Oputa on 19 June 1951 in Nigeria into a Catholic household.
Below, we take a look at what you do not know about Charly Boy.
1. Charly Boy was born as Charles Chukwuemeka Oputa on 19 June 1951 in Nigeria into a Catholic household.
2. He is the second son of former Supreme Court judge Chukwudifu Oputa and also the cousin to the Swedish musician, Dr Alban.
3. He had set out to become a priest but left seminary school after a year.
4. In his late teens he moved to America where he was expected to study Law but graduated with a degree in Communications.
5. In 1990, he was among the Nigerian singers who supported the South African artist, Yvonne Chaka Chaka at a series of concerts and feature in a commercial for the brand with Femi Kuti and Evi-Edna Ogosi.
6. He released a highlife album in 1982 but he was denied a record deal due to his unconventional appearance.
7. He is the owner of New Waves Productions and publisher of The Charly Boy Magazine which he launched in 2010 and writes for regularly.
The controversial Nigerian entertainer is definitely a name that has been making waves in the Nigerian entertainment industry.
Let us know what you think about Charly Boy.