When the name Olamide comes to mind, you think of that popular Yoruba artist who has been making waves in Nigeria for some time now.
The singer has attracted a lot of Nigerian interest with his talent of singing in Yoruba. Below, i will be listing out 7 things you do not know about Olamide. They include:
1. Olamide was born and bought up in Bariga, a city in Lagos. In 2002, he decided to pursue a career in music.
2. Olamide was a part time student of mass communication at the Tai Solarin University of Education.
3. He broke into the Nigerian music industry with his hit track “Eni duro”.
4. Olamide is the first Nigerian ambassador to sign an endorsement deal with Circoc, putting him amongst other international representatives like Rick Ross and French Montana.
5. His music talent was recognised by the Nigerian musician, D’banj who wanted to sign him on his record label.
6. Having being bought up in a razz background, Olamide joined the list of the wealthy musicians at a very young age.
7. The Nigerian Entertainment Awards held in New York recently awarded him the Best Indigenous artist, Album of the year and Best Collaboration award.