20 Interesting Facts About Justin Bieber: Number 14 Is Unbelievable
Everyone remembers Justin Bieber as that sensational YouTube Child who wowed viewers with his superb musical talent. From the time Scooter Braun discovered him on YouTube and Usher signed him up, the music star has not fallen short of the expectations of his fans. He has continued to thrill them with one hit track after another. Bieber has proven that he was indeed born to do music. Besides his name and music however, there are many other details about this talented musician that you would find interesting. Here are 20 of them:
1) The singer’s full name is Justin Drew Bieber and he was born on Tuesday, March 1, 1994 at St Joseph’s Hospital
in Ontario, Canada.
2) He was single handedly raised by his mother, Patricia Mallette, who got pregnant with him at the age of 17.
3) He was discovered by American talent manager, Scooter Braun in 2008 and with Scooter’s help, Bieber got a recording contract with Raymond Braun Media and later with Island Records.
4) The YouTube video that shot the Canadian star to fame was from a talent competition that he lost in his hometown. The loss was definitely a blessing in disguise.
5) His mentor in the entertainment industry is Hollywood star, Will Smith.
6) Bieber speaks French fluently.
7) His latest album Purpose, sold 522,000 copies in its first week, earning him his sixth number-one album in the US.
8) The singer’s father, Jeremy Bieber is a former MMA fighter. Although he never married Justin’s mother, the two remain good friends and he is a part of his son’s life.
9) Justin Bieber taught himself how to play the guitar, piano, drum and trumpet. Now that’s pretty impressive!
10) He is claustrophobic.
11) The artist once arrived late to a concert in Salt Lake City, Utah, because he went to see a 7-year-old girl with leukemia in the hospital.
12) He is the youngest artist to have five number-one albums in the US.
13) According to Celebrity Net Worth, Justin’s net worth is estimated at $200 million.
14) After Bieber cut his hair, he auctioned it for $12,000 on eBay and it was eventually sold for about $40,000. The proceeds was donated to charity. Wonder what the bidder did with the hair though!
15) If Justin Bieber was not a singer, he would have been an architect.
16) In 2016, the singer won a Grammy Award for Best Dance Recording for Where Are You Now, and in 2017 he won a Latin Grammy Award for Best Urban Fusion/Performance for the remix of Despacito.
17) Bieber is the first artist to get more than 10 billion total video views on Vevo.
18) Usher gifted him a brand new Range Rover for passing his license test.
19) Bieber has two siblings. His stepbrother’s name is Jaxon and his stepsister’s name is Jazmyn.
20) The first time Justin Bieber travelled on a plane was when he was supposed to meet Scooter Braun for the first time.
What’s your favourite Justin Bieber track? Please leave your answer in the comment box.