19 Untold Secrets About Taylor Swift: Number 12 Will Surprise You
Very often, people listen to and even learn the lyrics of songs without knowing who wrote or sang it. However, it is almost impossible to listen to Taylor Swift‘s music without wanting to know more about her. Apart from the fact that she is super-talented and blessed with a rich voice, the songwriter and recording artist has the habit of writing songs that tell her own personal stories. This is probably what most of her fans like about her songs. But there are many other details about this music star that you will find interesting. Here are 19 of them.
1. Taylor Alison Swift was born on the December 13, 1989 in Reading, Pennsylvania.
2. Her lucky number is 13. The singer once said that she paints a ‘13’ on her hand before every show.
3. Taylor spent her early years on a Christmas tree farm managed by her dad who was also a financial advisor.
4. Her childhood dream was to act on Broadway. After going to several auditions in New York without success, Taylor started writing songs.
5. Her family relocated to Tennessee to help her pursue country music.
6. Taylor’s favourite pets are cats. She has two cats: Olivia Benson and Meredith Grey.
7. Her grandmother was a professional opera singer. Guess music runs in the family!
8. Swift is a bookworm. She loves reading and poetry.
9. She has a younger brother named Austin who attends Vanderbilt University and is also a freelance photographer for Getty Images.
10. Swift wrote her first song titled ‘Lucky You’ at age 12 with Ronnie Cremer, a local musician who taught her to play the guitar.
11. In 2003, Swift modeled for Abercrombie & Fitch “Rising Stars” campaign.
12. The 28-year-old who has so far won 10 Grammy awards is the first woman to win the Grammy album of the year award twice.
13. In 2009, Swift made her acting debut in CSI, playing the role of a rebellious teenager named Haley Jones.
14. All the songs on her third track ‘Speak Now’ was written by her. The album debuted at number one on the
U.S. Billboard 200 chart.
15. Swift has sold over 40 million albums worldwide, making her one of the best-selling artists of all time.
16. In 2012, Swift received The Big Help Award from first Lady Michelle Obama for her efforts in assisting American tornado and flood survivors, and for her experiences with Make-A-Wish Foundation.
17. In total, Swift has won 275 awards and has been nominated 572 times. Now that’s an achievement anybody would be proud of!
18. Despite the age difference, Swift is best friends with Hart of Dixie’s Jamie King. They are definitely serving us some friendship goals.
19. In 2012, she was ranked the highest paid under 30 celebrity by Forbes magazine, beating out Rihanna, Justin Bieber and Lady Gaga who also made the list.
We will like you to tell us your favourite Taylor Swift song in the comment section below.