17 Mind-blowing Facts About Angelina Jolie: No 10 Will Shock You
Over the years, Angelina Jolie has managed to stay on top of her game, maintaining her reputation as an A-list actress. The Lara Croft star has won the heart of her fans both on screen and off screen as she has been involved in several international charity projects. However, there’s more to Angelina Jolie than most of her fans know. Check out these fun facts:
1. She was born Angelina Jolie Voight in Los Angeles, California on June 4, 1975.
2. Her father, Jon Voight, is an Oscar-winning actor and her mother, Marcheline Bertrand studied with Lee Strasberg.
3. Angelina Jolie made her screen debut as a child alongside her father in Lookin’ to Get Out.
4. Before venturing into Hollywood as an actress, Jolie was a model.
5. She studied at the Lee Strasberg Theatre Institute where she featured in several stage productions.
6. Her favourite animals when she was young were reptiles.
7. Growing up, Angelina was fascinated by death and even told her folks that she wanted to be a funeral director. Now that’s wierd!
8. She had her first boyfriend at the age of 14 and they lived together in her home with her mother in the next room. It was either that or she would elope with him.
9. In 1996, Jolie got married to Hackers co-star Jonny Lee Miller and the marriage ended after three years. At the wedding she wore a white shirt which had Jonny’s name written in her own blood.
10. After starring in Foxfire with Jenny Shimizu who is a lesbian, Angelina got into a romantic relationship with the actress and revealed that she was bisexual.
11. Angelina Jolie is a licensed pilot and she has been seen on a number of occasions flying her Cirrus SR22.
12. Jolie is naturally blonde but when she was a child, her mother dyed her hair dark and since then, the movie star has not stopped dying it.
13. Jolie married actor, Billy Bob Thornton in Las Vegas on May 5, 2000. The marriage ended in June 2002 and the divorce finalized a year later.
14. She has a tattoo written in Latin on her stomach and when translated, it reads “What nourishes me also destroys me.”
15. In 2005, the award winning actress was accused of causing the divorce of actors Brad Pitt and Jennifer Aniston.
Pitt and Jolie starred in Mr. & Mrs. Smith and it was rumored that they started a relationship on set. She denied the allegations, claiming that she could never get intimate with a married man. In January 2006 however, Jolie confirmed that she was carrying Pitt’s baby. They got engaged in April 2012, married on August 23, 2014 and separated in September 2016. They have three biological children and three adopted children.
16. She has won several awards including two Academy Awards, Best Supporting Actress for her work in Girl, and the Jean Hersholt Humanitarian Award in 2013. She has also been nominated at the Emmy’s.
17. She is an official citizen of Cambodia. Jolie became a Cambodian citizen in 2005 because of the numerous charity works she did there.
What’s your favourite Angelina Jolie movie? Please drop your comments below.