15 Untold Secrets About Skales
John Raoul Njeng-Njeng popularly known as Skales (born 1 April 1991) hails from Kaduna, Nigeria.
Skales is a creative musician who describes himself as an entertainer whose music is influenced by his surroundings.
Below are 15 untold secrets about Skales.
1. John Raoul Njeng-Njeng, popularly known as Skales born on 1 April 1991 in Kaduna, Nigeria.
2. He is the only child of his parent.
4. His stage name is an acronym for “Seek Knowledge Acquire Large Entrepreneurial Skills” = Skales.
5. In 2008, he entered the Zain Tru Search competition and won the competition’s North Central region.
6. He signed a record deal with Empire Mates Entertainment (EME) in 2009 after meeting with Banky W.
7. He has collaborated with artists like Davido, Burna Boy, Ice Prince, Jeremiah Gyang, Olamide, Reekado Banks, Banky W and Knighthouse.
8. In December 2011, Skales was involved in a car accident along the Lekki-Epe Expressway.
9. Skales established his own record label, OHK Music, after departing from Empire Mates Entertainment in May 2014.
10. His new album, “Man of the Year” is set to drop in 18 May 2015, it has been highly anticipated since he got signed to Baseline Entertainment in 2014.
11. His love for music grew while working at his mother’s cassette store.
12. He has signed an endorsement deal with telecommunications company MTN, as a ambassador for MTN Pulse.
13. On 17 October 2013, Skales performed at the yearly concert dedicated to the late Fela Kuti.
14. In the year 2000, he started writing rap songs in Kaduna.
15. Lastly, Skales has recorded over 200 songs
Skales has no doubt brought a change in the Nigerian music industry.
Do well to let us know what you think of Skales and the amazing talent he possesses.