15 Untold Secrets About Lagbaja, Number 4 Will Surprise You!
Lagbaja might be a mysterious man to many because of the nature of his appearance both on and off the stage. But that does not take away the kind of amazing songs he displays when he comes on stage or releases a song.
Below are 15 untold secrets about Lagbaja you should know.
- Lagbaja used to be Bisade Ologunde.
- He is a descent of Odogun’s Compound, Ijagbo Community in Oyun Local Government Area of Kwara State.
- His mask is used as an icon of man’s facelessness.
- Lagbaja is a Yoruba word that means “nobody in particular”.
- His mask and the name symbolise the faceless and voiceless in the society, particularly in Africa.
- He released his nationally acclaimed debut album, titled “Lagbaja” in 1993.
- His groovy fusion has been referred to as afrojazz, afrobeat, higherlife and afropop until now that he himself has christened the music AFRICANO, alluding mostly to the central role of African drums and grooves in his music.
- In March 1997, he established his club called “Motherland” in the heart of Ikeja in Lagos.
- He won the Never Far Away for his video “Never Far Away” at the 2006 Channel O Music Video Awards.
- He is currently signed to Motherland Music.
- He is an ambassador of Glo.
- He was born in 1960, Lagos, Nigeria.
- He received an award in 2006 Channel O Music Video Awards – Best Male Video (“Never Far Away”)
- He bases his music on instrumental rather than singing
- He mixes a blend of English and Yoruba.
Now, you have equipped yourself with 15 untold secrets about Lagbaja, and you can now see the kind of person he is.
Let us know what you think of the masked artiste below.