15 Untold Secrets About Great Ovedje Ogboru
Chief Great Ovedje Ogboru is a business man and political leadership icon to many individuals aspiring to become politicians in Nigeria.
Below we will be discussing about 15 untold secrets about Great Ovedje Ogboru.
- Great Ovedje Ogboru is a Nigerian businessman and politician who was the gubernatorial aspirant for Alliance of democracy, Democratic people’s party, Labour party.
- He was born and brought up in Port Harcourt.
- Great Ovedje Ogboru Mother and father home town was Abraka and a mother from Umukwata.
- He started receiving early education at Municipal Primary School.
- In addition, his primary education was at Oharisi Primary School. After graduating, he served as a teacher and while working
- He obtained an external advanced level certificate in 1980.
- He was employed as a marketing officer in a fishing company in Lagos
- Three years later, he left the fishing firm to found his own private fishing business, Fiogret Ltd which later grew and expanded to a few other African countries.
- He was famously referred to as ‘The Peoples General’ by his political followers and even a great many of his opponents for his principled stance against bad governance.
- Ogboru initially fled to London but later moved to Angola and Namibia.
- Ogboru was indicted in the failed coup attempt of Gideon Okrar, he fled the country through Seme border with the aid of his brother, Turner Ogboru.
- He came back to Nigeria in June 2000 and joined the democratic process with the establishment of the South-South Rainbow Coalition (SSRC).
- He established himself as a viable opposition candidate to Delta’s governor, James Iboriand contested the governorship elections in Delta State in 2003, 2007, 2011 and 2015.
- He is a devoted Christian, and he is married to Stella EbiOgboru, a virtuous Ijaw amazon. They are blessed with four children.
There you have it, 15 untold secrets about Great Ovedje Ogboru which you never knew about.
Great Ovedje Ogboru as I said earlier is a great political icon which people are aspiring to follow and he is said to be a role model to many.
Do well to let us know what you think about Great Ovedje Ogboru in the comment section below.