Genevieve is a Nigerian Actress and singer. She is an award winning actress who has won the hearts of many lovers of Nigerian movies, both home and abroad.
Below are 15 untold secrets about Genevieve Nnaji.
- Genevieve Nnaji was born in Mbaise, in Imo State.
- She is the fourth of eight children.
- Genevieve was born on 3rd May,
- She attended Methodist Girls’ College (Yaba, Lagos), before getting admission into the university of Lagos.
- At 19 years, Genevieve was introduced into the growing Nigerian film industry with the movie “Most Wanted”.
- In 2001, Nnaji won the City People’s Award for Best Actress of the Year.
- Genevieve was referred to as the Julia Roberts of Africa by Oprah Winfrey.
- In 2004, Genevieve signed a recording contract with EKB Records, a Ghanaian record label.
- In 2004, Genevieve released her debut album “One Logologo Line”, a mix of R&B, Hip Hop, and Urban music.
- In 2004 also, Genevieve became the “Face of Lux” in Nigeria.
- in 2005, Genevieve was nominated for the ELOY Awards as the Brand Ambassador of the Year (Etisalat).
- In 2008, she launched her clothing line, St. Genevieve which gives its proceeds to charity.
- In 2011, Genevive was honored as a member of the Order of the Federal Republic by the Nigerian government for her contribution to the Nigerian movie industry.
- Genevieve Nnaji is one of the highest paid actresses in Nigeria.
- Though not married at age 37, the mother of one says marriage is still on her mind.
She has taking Nollywood by storm and also she is an international actress. Let us know what you think of her acting skills.