15 Shocking Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Donald Trump: No 9 Will Crack You Up
15 Shocking Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Donald Trump: No 9 Will Crack You Up.
There’s no denying the fact that Donald Trump is currently one of the most famous and most powerful men in the world. Apart from being a successful business owner, Trump is the 45th president of the United States. When he disclosed his intentions to run for presidency in 2016, the whole world became interested in everything that concerns him including his family, his businesses, his educational qualification as well as his values and net worth.
Here are some things about America’s first citizen that you may not know:
1. Donald Trump was born on June 14, 1946, in Queens, New York to Frederick C. Trump and Mary Anne MacLeod Trump.
2. Trump attended the New York Military Academy and after his graduation in 1964 he proceeded to Fordham University. Two years later, he transferred to the Wharton School of Finance at the University of Pennsylvania where he bagged a degree in economics.
3. Though Trump’s parents were rich, he and his siblings worked after school hours when they were young.
4. In 1990, Trump almost filed for bankruptcy due to the money he owed. After pumping funds into Taj Mahal, a casino he acquired in 1988, he struggled to pay off the debt because of the high interest rate. He eventually handed over 50 percent ownership of the casino to the original bondholders who reduced Trump’s interest rates and gave him more time to pay off the loan.
5. Today, Trump has more than 100 companies and his net worth is estimated at about $4 billion.
6. Before 21st Century Tower in Dubai and Tower Place 3 in Seoul were built, Trump owned the largest residential building in the world. The skyscraper which is known as Trump World Tower is located in Manhattan and it has 72 completed floors.
7. Donald Trump has been married three times. In 1977, he married his first wife, Ivana Zelnickova Winklmayr and they had three children- Donald John Trump Jnr, Ivanka Trump and Eric Trump. The marriage ended in 1992. Then Trump married his second wife, Marla Maples a year later, and they had a daughter, Tiffany Trump. He filed for divorce in 1997. In January 2005, he got married to his current wife, Melania Knauss, and they have a son called Barron William Trump.
8. In 2004, Trump hosted his own reality TV show called “The Apprentice,” on NBC to find a head for one of his companies. He was paid $375,000 for each episode of the show.
9. He gets his haircuts from his wife, Melania.