Today, we base our search for untold secrets on the late Da Grin as we remember the rapper. His real name is Oladapo Olaitan Olaonipekun.
The tragic accident which claimed his life happened in the early hours on April 14, 2010 after his car collided with a stationary trailer (heavy duty vehicle) in front of Alakara Police Station, off Agege Motor Road, Mushin, Lagos.
Below are 10 Untold Secrets About the Late Da Grin.
1. The Rapper attended Meiran community primary school, Roseille Nursery and Primary School, Meiran Community high school and Egbado College.
2. Dagrin’s mother, Mrs. Olaonipekun, was the second of his father’s three wives.
3. He was 22 years old when he died in a car accident.
4. His father’s speech at the candle light ceremony was the rap he did to the song he was featured in by YQ, titled: ‘Efimile’
5. His car, Nissan Maxima, was a 2008 model and carried the number plate, DAGRIN 03
6. His father’s nickname is Nelly. He has a music store located at Meiran bus stop, ‘House of Nelly sounds’ store where he used to stay before moving to Surulere.
7. The late rapper’s body was brought into the cemetery for burial in a black Ebony Escalade Cadillac ESV 2007 model.
8. His Twitter ID was @Dagrinfimile, Facebook was Dagrin fimilejo. He had 4,930 friends on Facebook.
9. The last time he logged on to twitter was on Thursday April 8, 2010.
10. He got the nickname Barack O’Grin from the remix song he did with General Pype titled ‘Champion’.