10 Unbelievable Things To Know About Timaya
Enetimi Alfred Odon (born 29 November 1977), better known by his stage name Timaya, is a Nigerian singer and songwriter.
He is the founder of South South hip hop group Dem Mama Soldiers. Below are 10 things you do not know about Timaya.
1. Enetimi Alfred Odon was born on 29 November 1977 in Port Harcourt, Rivers State, the youngest of fifteen children in Agip Estate.
2. His father was a banker and his mother was a trader.
3. During his high school days, he would often break house rules to attend late night music events and won quite a number of accolades during competitions held amongst schools.
4. He had some early collaborations with some underground artists and was a back up singer for Eedris Abdulkarem.
5. Namse Udosen was one of his early mentors in the music game back in Lagos in the early 2000’s.
6. Besides being a creative music artist, he is also an award winning songwriter and music producer. He has been writing his own songs as well as for other artists. Some of the popular artists that have gained from his writing and production skills include Eulonzo Jordan as well as YouTube’s star Jarrett Holt.
7. He used to sell plantains in the streets of Mgbuosimini to make ends meet.
8. His first major breakthrough came after releasing his hit song “Dem Mama”. This track led to him being nicknamed Egberi Papa 1 (the town crier of the people) of Bayelsa.
9. Besides being a wealthy musician, he has also won numerous awards including Album of the year in 2008, Best dance-hall/Reggae album in 2009, best Collabo in 2009, and also best collaboration in 2010.
10. Timaya was appointed as the Peace Ambassador in 2011 by the IIFWP (Inter-religious and International Federation for World Peace).
Timaya is among the popular musicians in Nigeria who has been in the music scene for quite some time. Let us know what you think about Timaya.