10 Things You Didn’t Know About Mark Angel Comedy
The comedy industry in Nigeria has undoubtedly evolved. Before this time, you would have to attend a comedy live show or wait for the release of a Video Compact Disc (VCD) featuring different stand up comedians for you to get a good laugh. Well, we weren’t complaining as the wait was worth it. Fast forward to today, we can confidently say that things have changed and it is for the better. With a mobile device and internet connection you can get access to hilarious comedy video skits that will leave you thoroughly entertained. Mark angel comedy is one of those brands that have dished out some of the most witty comedy skits on the internet. Since they came on board they have done nothing but put smiles on the faces of their audience.
Here are 10 things you need to know about them
1) Mark Angel Comedy was launched in 2013, a time when comic video skits had not gained popularity but had potentials.
2) The company was formed by Mark Angel and his friend Denilson Igwe.
3) Their lead comic character is Emmanuella, an 8 year old girl.
4) Their short comedy videos are published weekly on YouTube.
5) They currently have over 1.5 million subscribers on their YouTube channel and over 3 million followers on Facebook.
6) They got their big break in 2014 after the release of their comedy Skit titled “Oga Landlord”.
7) They prefer to shoot their videos in areas where the lower class reside. According to the Mark Angel comedy team, they started out from the streets and can therefore relate with the happenings around there.
8) Mark Angel comedy has over 160 video skits to its credit.
9) The comic videos were initially shot by Mechanic Pictures, a production company established by Mark Angel.
10) Mark Angel Comedy is estimated to have a net worth of over 58 million naira.
Are you a fan of Mark Angel comedy? Let us know what you think of the brand in the comment box.