10 Things To Know About Victor Olaotan
Victor Olaotan is one popular actor in the Nigerian entertainment industry especially for popular soap oepra, “Tinsel”. He was involved in a Ghastly car accident in 2016 when he entered Coma.
Here are 10 Things You Need To Know About Victor Olaotan.
1. Olaotan got into acting in in 1959 at the age of 17. While he was in high school in Illesha, his literature teacher Mr. Adegoke recognized his talent.
2. The veteran actor started his career on stage when he was chosen to represent his school in the play “Gods Are Not To Blame”.
3. He played football while in school and got his first job after his graduation as a football player for Water Corporation, Ibadan 1st Division.
4. In 1974 he starred in a soap opera by Laolu Ogunniyi called “Candles In The Wind” alongside Kehinde Craig.
5. He once worked with NTA Ibadan where he produced Yoruba and English dramas.
6. Jimi Solanke is one of his acting idols. He’s had the opportunity to perform by the side of the poet and playwright.
7. In 1981, he joined a group of 8 Nigerian performers who escorted former Nigerian President Shehu Shagari to the United States to have a meeting with Ronald Regan.
8. In 1981/82, he graduated with a Masters in Theatre Arts from the Mason Gross School of Arts, Rutgers University. He previously attended Obafemi Awolowo University.
9. He has been on MNET’s “Tinsel” series for seven years where he plays the role of Fred Ade-Williams.
10. Olaotan is also a model. Growing up he admired Fela’s style and how he popped his collar.
A very multi-talented and versatile actor, Victor Olaotan is sure an actor who has taken the Nollywood industry by storm. Let us know what you know of Victor Olaotan below.